Brigid couldn't get the time off to go to Mexico the day after Christmas, so I rescheduled the trip for MLK Jr. Day (18 January). It will still be a blast!
So, we had James's evaluation today, but it turned out to be motor skills and emotional development, rather than the speech evaluation I thought it was going to be. James refuses to participate in something when he gets bored, and there were many moments that he was bored and totally refusing to participate in the test. I wanted to shake him until his teeth rattled. I know that he knew those answers, he was either saying no to the examiner, or he was giving garbage answers so that she would move on to the next area. However, we finally made it through the test and the examiner said that he did very well and that overall, she wasn't concerned about his development... except when it came to following directions.
We had Benjamin's parent/teacher conference this morning too (what a morning!). I was worried about this because I was pretty convinced that Benjamin's teacher didn't like him very much. I am still not sure if she likes him, but I don't care, as long as she doesn't take it out on him. She said that his behavior is wonderful, that he spends time helping his classmates and is a pleasure to have in her class. His report card is terrific -- all S+, except one S- in penmanship (because he doesn't leave space between his words and tends to skip capitalization and punctuation), and an E in math. She was very impressed with his ability in math, but said also that his reading comprehension is terrific and his writing is also very good. It was a great conference!
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment