Tonight, I attended my first ever neighborhood meeting. It was interesting, and filled with older people who seemed a touch set in their ways. I didn't get a positive response when I suggested putting in speed bumps along our major road. I did put my name down as a potential board member, and just to really stir up the pot, I suggested starting a listserv for the neighborhood. There was not a whole lot of acceptance for this, but one guy did come up to me after the meeting and sign up right then. So, I have taken the plunge and created a listserv for the neighborhood, and I am writing up a little blurb to put into the next newsletter. I am hoping that having a listserv will bring out a younger crowd at the neighborhood meetings.
I made it through the reunion! It was surreal. Really strange -- and there were so many people that it was hard to have a decent conversation with anyone. I think I would go again, but I think the most useful thing about the reunion was getting the CD with everyone's current contact information. I am going to be doing some letter writing this weekend since some of the people I really wanted to see didn't come. Here is a picture of Marsha and I just before the big party -- we look good, don't we?

No comments:
Post a Comment