Tuesday, May 22, 2007
This morning I had a very hard time getting out of bed to go for my regular bike ride. I usually am out the door by 5am these days because of the heat, but today I didn't get out until 5:30am. I did a low key ride today -- no huge hills, no hill repeats, no land speed records broken. It was a good ride. However, there was one thing that happened that was interesting. I was riding along next to the white line on the side of the road because on that particular stretch of road there was no bike lane, when a blue TransAm passed me and the large fellow driving made a comment to me out of his passenger window. I guess he felt that I shouldn't be riding on the road, I should be in the sand pit beside the road. Well, I just smiled and waved at him as he pulled away. He waved back. He must have just done it as a reflex, because as soon as he realized what he was doing, he stopped waving and gave me the finger! I smiled and waved again, and had a good laugh about it. This gave me a good laugh -- a great way to start the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment