Friday, May 25, 2007

It is the first day of summer vacation. We are having a cleaning day today since there are workmen coming. Andy is learning how to clean the bathroom, and has already learned how to "broom" the kitchen floor. Benjamin and Elias are working on getting all of the dirty clothes off the floor and into the two empty baskets in their room (why they don't take off the clothes and put them directly into the basket is beyond me). They will also be doing some vacuuming. I am doing the counters and floor in the kitchen and anything else that comes up.

Why are workmen coming, you ask? Well, Wednesday morning when I got home from spin class, I hit the button for the garage door to close and the metal arm ripped out of the garage door. It was spectacular. The home warranty folks are already saying that the garage door isn't covered. I hate them. To get a new door, if this one cannot be repaired will be anywhere between $1,000 and $1,600. I am trying not to think about it. The HVAC guys came yesterday to tune up the AC and swamp coolers. The person who invented swamp coolers was obviously a genius -- cooling the entire house for pennies a day is a great thing. However, to get all the stuff ready for use cost a little over $200... Ah well... I couldn't survive the Tucson summer without some kind of cooling, so it is worth it.

I did my hill repeats on Mt. Lemmon yesterday, but only did 7 instead of the 8 I was supposed to do -- my legs were totally fried. Last week, I did one rep under 10:00. This week I did FIVE reps under 10:00!! I was really happy about that -- I don't know how it happened, and it sure wasn't pleasant, but it was really nice to see some improvement.

No comments: