Saturday, March 03, 2007

After much discussion and an email from a good friend reminding me of this technique for dealing with crappy people, I have decided to tell Andy that when this kid kicks him in the classroom, he should say in his absolute loudest voice "HEY, DON'T KICK ME!!" I am hoping that that will help the problem -- and at least his teacher will know about it immediately. There is nothing like shining a light into the corners to prompt a change. Also, today I am going to talk to Andy and Benjamin about sticking together on the playground. While Andy won't immediately pop this kid, and will try to avoid a confrontation as long as possible (just like his dad), Benjamin is not that way and so the two of them together can fix this kid.

The guys are very excited today since Ron has set up several new computers for the guys to use exclusively. These are all old computer parts that Ron had in the garage (that I complained about moving to Tucson) that are now coming in very handy. The guys are absolutely thrilled. I am happy because now no one will be touching my computer but me. Ron has set the computers up so that they can only get to certain places on the internet (like PBSKids.org), and only during certain hours. He is setting up the network so that they cannot get on the internet except when Ron allows it and right now, that is Saturday and Sunday mornings between 7am and 10am, and then Monday through Friday only between 7pm and 8pm. The only problem is that the TV room looks like computer screen central --- see picture. We have 5 computers running in there now.


No comments: