Well, the Saturday in Phoenix was great! I spent a tremendous amount of money, mostly on a leather jacket. However, it is not an average leather jacket -- it is the greatest color ever, and so gorgeous and fits really well. When I found it at Nordstrom, I almost had a stroke when I looked at the tag -- $625. But it fit like it was made for me. I actually was considering paying that much money, so I called Ma to see what she thought. After much consideration, I had them ring it up, and IT WAS ON SALE!!! I bought it for $375. I am still in shock that I did that, but I will have that jacket for the next 20 years. I also bought the dress and shoes you see in the picture -- they are for Andy's first communion.We went to the Body World exhibit at the science center in the morning, before shopping. It was amazing and a little disturbing. I was prepared for the bodies, but the fetus section was upsetting, and I didn't expect the bodies to still be so human. They all had eyes, eyelashes, eyebrows, finger and toenails -- there wasn't enough separation for me between me and the bodies, you know? I was glad when we were finished with the exhibit.
This morning, I drove the guys to school because Benjamin had to take his science fair project in today. Benjamin was really into the science fair and was very excited to do his experiments on electricity. He had to do a huge presentation thing too -- here he is with his report and project board.

Andy and I spent all afternoon today completing his giant squid report. It was horrendous. I was having him dictate to me because of his terrible typing, but he was specializing in monosyllabic answers -- I had been asking him questions in an attempt to get him to start talking about the squid. Thank God, Brigid intervened and got him going and I just sat at the computer and kept typing. Brigid performed a truly great service for me today by dealing with Andy on this one. Andy now has a 2 page report on the giant squid. I am so glad that is overwith. Andy will turn in the report and the giant squid model tomorrow and I will never have to think about that thing again.
The only other news is that the guys are off from school on Thursday and Friday for Rodeo Days. I just hate this. We do have tickets for the final day of the rodeo though, so if you are ever watching Pro Bull Riding (as I know you all do so frequently) and they show the Tucson Rodeo, look for us! The Golden Knights are going to parachute in too, just like last year. I am trying to get a babysitter so that James doesn't have to come with us -- I just don't think he would make it 4 hours in the bleachers.

No comments:
Post a Comment