

Here we have the latest pictures of the guys. Andy gets his own picture because he has a new pair of glasses on. Again. Benjamin gets his own picture because he has pulled out his own front teeth this week and is looking sort of disreputable. The teeth were hanging by a thread and he pulled one at the beginning of the week, and one yesterday afternoon. I had originally taken Andy to a different eyeglass place because as this is the fourth pair of glasses since September, I thought I could save some money. Things started going wrong almost immediately.We walked in -- all of us -- to the glasses place and a guy came up to us and asked if we needed any help. I directed his attention to Andy and told him that he needed new glasses. Andy had started trying on the sample pairs by this time. The clerk asked what kind of glasses Andy had had before. I brought them out and the clerk made some remark about them being really feminine. I thought, hmm. This might not be so good. Andy said they looked great and put them on -- the clerk said, oooo, well if that is what you want, implying that Andy not only didn't look good, but was not choosing frames correctly and was looking feminine. I managed to not say anything, but I wanted to kick the clerk. Who did he think he was dissing my BABY??
We moved over to another section of glasses and kept trying things on. The clerk came with us and continued to make snotty remarks about Andy's choices. Just so you know how I do these things, I figure that Andy has to wear the glasses everyday and I allow him to pick out the frames since it is important that he like them. The clerk kept making remarks about Andy choosing women's frames. They fit Andy better than the men's frames (they are smaller), and the kids' frames are miles too small. Finally, I announced that we were leaving. The guys kept asking over and over where we were going and how we were going to get Andy's glasses. When I was tired of saying let's go, I finally said that we were going to Lenscrafters to get Andy's glasses. The clerk reacted by standing there with his mouth open. He obviously had no idea how obnoxious he had been. I am tempted to go back today and let him know what the problem was. I don't know though, I might say something that I could regret later. Andy ended up choosing frames that are similar to the last pair (red hornrims), but these are a little narrower and are olive green with a lighter green on the inside --- very sophisticated. Obviously too much for the clerk.
In other news, we are all going to the rodeo on Sunday, and I have gotten a babysitter for James. Since you sit in bleachers, I thought a babysitter was a great thing since I would worry the whole time about James falling through the bleachers. I don't know if Brigid is really looking forward to it, but I hope she has a good time.

No comments:
Post a Comment