Thursday, April 13, 2006

What a week --- I arrived home on Monday night around 10pm. I went directly to bed. I was totally exhausted. When I got up on Tuesday, I found out that James had a cold. He is a mess -- lots of snot and coughing, etc. I decided not to go to the gym on Tuesday because I didn't think the babysitting room would enjoy having a sick James. All of the guys are on spring break now, so we all stayed home the whole day. Brigid came over and, when the guys didn't clean their room, she andI went around with hefty bags picking everything up. Brigid still has 6 bags of stuff in her car. The guys room has stayed fairly neat since then, so it was worth it! I think we are going to go through the bags this weekend and then give some of the stuff back. Brigid told the guys that all the bags went to Goodwill.

Wednesday, we all stayed home again because of James. By 5pm, I was at the end of my patience and when Ron arrived home, I asked him to see if the babysitter could come that night so we could go out to dinner. She could and did come over. Hannah is a wonderful girl. We arrived home after two hours to hear about Elias throwing up all over the hallway. Hannah cleaned everything up. Hannah is beyond wonderful! Elias threw up one more time around 11pm.

This morning, I threw myself on Brigid's mercy and asked her to come and stay with the guys while I went to yoga -- she did! It was great -- I got to go to yoga and then to the grocery store without the guys, and Brigid got milk, butter, macaroni and cheese, a diet coke, and 3 pounds of chicken breasts for her troubles. Seriously, it was fantastic for her to help me out like that -- I don't know if I would have made it through the day without her help.

Then I had my running class. We ran two minutes, then walked two minutes, 10 times. It was horrendous. I am wondering when this running thing is going to get easier...

No comments: