Monday, April 17, 2006


Easter weekend was kind of tough. James didn't sleep at all Friday night. He was completely hysterical most of the night -- and hitting a high point between 3 and 5am. So, off to the pediatrician (who opened at 7am!) to find out that James has a thumping ear infection. The amoxicillan has helped enormously. Then, I got sick early Sunday morning and spent most of the day being sick or thinking about being sick. We made it to church and had to leave right before the Gospel. It was terrible. The guys carried on and did a spectacular job egg hunting and then decorating the bunny cake. We made a chocolate bunny cake this year and it is kind of overwhelmed with jelly beans.

Because of me being ill, we didn't have Easter dinner so I think we will be doing that on Tuesday. With Brigid's help, I made a Pizza Rustica (from page 22 of this month's Saveur). The supplies cost $50, so we will be eating it regardless of how it turned out. The recipe required 19 eggs --- 10 in the filling, and 8 in the crust, with one for an egg wash. It is gorgeous and smelled absolutely wonderful while baking; I am dying to try it!

No comments: