Friday, April 21, 2006

The guys' swim practice was cancelled today, so I suddenly have a 90 minute block of free time. How strange. And, by coincidence, three boys from the neighborhood saw us drive in and they all came over to play, so we have 7 boys in the toy room, ranging in age from 2 to 12. They seem to be getting along just fine, and they are leaving me alone, so life is good!

We are very busy these days between my training and the guys baseball and swim team. Every day after school there is either baseball or swimming. I know I am expecting too much, but when are the guys going to learn how to hit a baseball?? I go to the games and Benjamin and Andy go up to bat and 1-2-3, they are out. Happens every time. Swimming isn't much better -- no one can even make it down the pool one time without hanging on the ropes. I am going to have to take them to the pool and practice with them on a few things. I know what this is though; it is my inability to remember learning to swim and how long it takes. Because I cannot remember it, I don't have the patience with the guys that I should have. So, I am handing the teaching to the professionals. I know it will be better by the end of the season.

I am considering doing a longer triathlon. I realized after thinking about my last race that a longer race would be more interesting. Now, this doesn't mean that I am considering an IronMan race or anything like it. No way. This body wasn't meant to run 26.2 miles. But an olympic distance triathlon seems like it would be fun. An olympic distance triathlon is a 1500 meter swim, a 40 km. bike, and a 10 km. run. I think I could do this, given enough time to prepare. I will keep you posted!

No comments: