I was going to stop for a diet coke on Thursday morning and I checked my wallet before I went in for it. It is a good thing I checked because I had no money in my wallet and I know that I had had money in my wallet the night before. So I called Ron and asked him if he borrowed any money from me. The answer was no. I stewed about this problem all through yoga class and finally it hit me -- the mom intuition kicked in. Andy had taken the money so that he could buy a book at the school book fair. I hustled home after yoga and headed up to the school and waited for Andy to come out of his classroom for lunch. I called him over and he immediately showed me the cool book he had bought at the book fair. I asked him if he had taken the money. He started to cry and it was awful. He took $6 from my wallet to buy the Bionicle book. I made him take it back and get the money back and give it to me. It was awful, but I couldn't let him think it was ok to take money from me. I think that the issue is over and I hope he never does this again.

Once this was done, I headed off to pick Elias up from school. I stopped at the house on the way to pick up my cell phone. I found out that Elias' school had called. I was a little concerned since the school never calls, so I went right over there. I arrived and the teachers came out and told me that Elias had fallen down while playing tag and had gashed his forehead and the nurse felt that he needed a stitch. After much thought, I took him to Urgent Care. Boy was that a mistake. After two hours of waiting with nothing happening, I asked for my copay back and went to Walgreens, picked up what is basically SuperGlue and glued the cut shut. Finally, Thursday was over.
Friday went along with no huge problems. I had a voucher for a complimentary leg waxing and facial so I made appointments for those and for a pedicure. I figured that since I am out here and everyone wears sandals all the time, I may has well have a pedicure and have my toes painted. It was a great afternoon!
Andy had cub scouts after school. They made kites and then went fishing. This was a huge success --- Andy caught TWO fish. As a matter of fact, he was the only scout to catch two fish. Only one other guy caught anything. Andy was so excited. I was excited too, but mostly because it was a catch and release lake. Whooohoooo! Here are two pictures of Andy's fish:

No comments:
Post a Comment