I am still in a state of shock over this whole thing. One day he mentions riding in the El Tour with me, and suddenly he has pulled out all the stops and has completely equipped himself with a road bike and accessories. As you can see from the picture, he bought a beautiful bike -- it is a Specialized Allez. He is very happy with it. He has also found a club to ride with (see this web site: http://www.doodahroadclub.org/) and is planning on riding every Saturday. This road club looks great -- I may have to book a babysitter and take a ride with them too!
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
An epic change has occurred in our house. Ron has decided to do the El Tour de Tucson with me. This is a 110 mile bike ride around the city limits of Tucson, usually in the 3rd week of November. We talked about it on Saturday evening and he got up early Sunday morning and went for a bike ride. When he came home, he was cussing up a storm about his bike and how his knees hurt. I suggested that he visit Sabino Cycles and talk to the experts there since they had been so helpful to me. After church, he headed out. If you haven't noticed, the decision to ride in the Tour and then taking a ride and then going to the bike shop is happening very quickly. Much more quickly than I have ever seen Ron do almost anything. While Ron was out, I was getting the laundry together and doing all that stuff to get ready for the week. After two hours, I had a sudden suspicion that Ron was gone a long time and he had probably bought a new bike. I called him on his cell phone, and I was right. He had just bought a new road bike, a pair of bike shorts called "baggies" (since he doesn't have any faith that his legs should be able to be seen or that he should be outside wearing spandex), and a pair of bike shoes with clips. Yup, Ron has decided to become a bike nerd.
I am still in a state of shock over this whole thing. One day he mentions riding in the El Tour with me, and suddenly he has pulled out all the stops and has completely equipped himself with a road bike and accessories. As you can see from the picture, he bought a beautiful bike -- it is a Specialized Allez. He is very happy with it. He has also found a club to ride with (see this web site: http://www.doodahroadclub.org/) and is planning on riding every Saturday. This road club looks great -- I may have to book a babysitter and take a ride with them too!
I am still in a state of shock over this whole thing. One day he mentions riding in the El Tour with me, and suddenly he has pulled out all the stops and has completely equipped himself with a road bike and accessories. As you can see from the picture, he bought a beautiful bike -- it is a Specialized Allez. He is very happy with it. He has also found a club to ride with (see this web site: http://www.doodahroadclub.org/) and is planning on riding every Saturday. This road club looks great -- I may have to book a babysitter and take a ride with them too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment