Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I just got Elias' first progress report from his speech therapists. They think that everything is going well and that he is making great progress, but that I need to help him with his "s" sounds and that he needs to learn what an "inside voice" is. I am not very surprised about these things. I do think that his speech is getting clearer, but I know for sure that he is loud. Oh yes, he also needs to work on following directions. The teachers want me to address this, but I feel like I have done that enough and they need to be firmer with him in the classroom. I am not going to share this with them unless they ask me straight out. I am not in the classroom with him and they need to take responsibility for insisting that he behave in the way they want him to.

In other happenings, I took the car in to the mechanic to get the radio turned back on (the guys left the lights on in the car and the battery died -- the radio thought it was stolen, and so it wouldn't work). While there, with all the guys, James clogged the toilet by shoving the entire roll of toilet paper down the drain. I am so glad it was a small roll. The water came up to about 1 mm from the top of the toilet. It was close. The mechanics were very nice about the whole thing -- no one had a cow. I was a little embarrassed though.

Taking off the entire weekend from exercising was terrific. I feel so much better! I went running this morning and it went fairly well (at least better than I thought it would). However, can I just tell you that I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE running? If only Karen and Erika were here to suffer with me, I know it would be easier. But they aren't, and I had to run this morning alone. There is nothing worse than running, except perhaps running ALONE at 6am. Now that it is over for the day, I don't have to run again until Thursday night. Thank God.

No comments: