
Here is a picture of Andy in his new glasses -- I broke the other ones trying to straighten them out.
I got an email from another parent on Monday night about Andy. It seems that he kissed a girl at school. Now, my instinct was to just ignore this whole thing, but several other moms said that I should ask him about it. So, last night, I took him in my room and asked him about whether there was any kissing going on on the playground. No, absolutely not, he said emphatically. He said no several times, and finally I said that a parent had told me that he had kissed Shaelynn. He said no, but then said yes, he had kissed Shaelynn. He then threw his arms around my neck and said "I just love her so much!!!!!" Then he blushed so red that I thought he might faint from lack of blood in his chest... You should have seen him! I couldn't help laughing about it -- he was so embarrassed and so pleased with himself! After several questions, it turns out that Andy just ran up to the girl and kissed her on the cheek. I asked Andy what her reaction was and he said that "she was really mad." I told him that he really should ask the girl before he kisses her -- and that I am sure that Shaelynn was very surprised.
I asked him if everyone in his class knew about the event, and he said that everyone was calling him "loverboy" all the time now. Shaelynn also told Mrs. Dommisse (Andy's teacher) about it and Mrs. D took Andy aside for a talk. When I asked him what she said to him, Andy told me that Mrs. D said the same thing I did: that a person should be asked before being kissed. I then told him that kissing could wait awhile -- that he was a little young to be doing that. He said he would wait until Junior High. I suggested that high school was soon enough for kissing. Oh yes, and I asked him why he did it. His response was that he just "wanted to experience it." Oh boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment