I have been getting more sore as the week has progressed. I didn't take any days off from working out after the triathlon, and I think I am going to fix that problem by taking today and Sunday completely off. This does mean my running workout will be messed up, but whatever... I feel like I need the break. My running coach keeps telling me that I have to rest as much as I work, but it is difficult to buy into that. I feel like if I take a day off, I will lose everything I have worked so hard for. It is irrational, but this is how I feel. I am going to try not to give into temptation and go running tomorrow.
The guys are doing very well these days. Baseball practice has begun! Baseball practice is an hour and half long. This is a long time. I am so glad that practice is right next to a playground so Elias and James can play there while Andy and Benjamin are on the field. Both Andy and Benjamin said that they liked it and had a great time. I do have to go today and buy Benjamin a new glove -- he is a lefty. How about that for a shock? Offhand, I cannot think of any other members of the family that are left-handed. I also have to buy baseball pants and socks -- the league supplies hats and shirts. I am going to try to find the pants at the local Play it Again Sports, but I think I will buy the socks new.
The older three guys are also having swimming lessons now --- we are very busy! They are all doing a fantastic job and I think they will be ok with swim team. The swim team, according to my neighbor Amy (who is a member of the board), is set up to give the most swim time possible to the young kids so that by the end of their first season (which runs from April 3 through July 20 or so), they are not only totally comfortable in the pool, but they can swim pretty well. I hope things work out this way!
Brigid is officially moved in and I think she likes her apartment. She is revving up to getting a job and I think she is planning on pounding the pavement on Monday in search of a real job. She did say something about going to the mall today and doing a few applications -- but just to get a paycheck while she looks for a job with benefits, etc. I think she is really growing a lot these days. I know she will get a job (of one kind or another) pretty quickly since she will look good and she is articulate. I hope she gets a job on Monday!
In other news, we had our parent/teacher conferences yesterday. Mrs. Higgins, Benjamin's teacher, said that she just LOVED having Benjamin in her class -- he was a joy to have around and he was so smart and had a fantastic memory. She said she could always count on Benjamin to have the right answer when she was asking the class questions. She also said (to Benjamin) that she was going to transfer to teaching first grade so she could have him in her class again. His academic work is great -- doing well in math and reading, and he gets along with everyone in the class. Once we finished talking with Mrs. Higgins, we went down the hall to Mrs. Dommisse's room. Mrs. D had nothing but great things to say about Andy. He was a pleasure to have in her class, he got along with everyone, but sometimes talks too much to his neighbors. Andy's academic progress is terrific -- his math is over 95% and his reading skills have improved tremendously. Mrs. D also mentioned that Andy's memory was excellent and that when reading, he only had to see a word once to know it. It was an excellent set of parent/teacher conferences and I am so proud of the boys.
Elias is also doing very well in school and has adjusted to his new classroom easily. His teacher is very happy with his progress. James has decided to sit on the toilet every once in awhile. Please God Please God Please God, let him get pottytrained!!!!!
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment