Saturday, February 18, 2006

This coming week, the guys have Thursday and Friday off from school. Why, you ask? Because the rodeo is coming to town. We are living in the wild west now! Thursday morning is the parade -- billed as the "longest non-mechanized" parade in the US. We are going to go see this and I really hope it is overcast that day. We could pay to sit in the grandstands, but that just doesn't seem right. A parade is better when sitting on the curb. I may invest in a beach chair though.

I have also bought tickets for the final day of the rodeo. That day, there is a junior rodeo and mutton bustin' and the Golden Knights are going to "drop in" (says the schedule). I think the boys will be absolutely thrilled. I also think I am going to try to get a babysitter so we don't have to bring James. I don't think James would do very well, you know? This is an all day event. I have to pick up the tickets at 11am and the show starts at noon and the actual rodeo part of the day isn't scheduled to start until 2:15pm. I have a vague memory of going to the rodeo when we were living in Texas, but it isn't very detailed, so I am sort of looking forward to going to the rodeo.

In other news, Elias has a birthday party to attend this weekend. I think I am going to send Ron to this one. I am so glad that he was invited to this party. Since being transferred to a new class two weeks ago, things have been going well, but you never know if the other moms are going to notice a new guy in the class. Elias picked out the new Green Ranger for a present.

Monday afternoon, I am taking Andy and Elias in to the pediatrician for their yearly physicals. I will, of course, post a full report here, once I have it! Have a great weekend ---

No comments: