It is Thursday. The question of the hour is, will I make it to Friday? The boys are running amok in their bathroom -- screaming, laughing hysterically, having a great time. Dollars to doughnuts they are doing something that would send me over the edge. So, here I am at the computer, feeling my legs tighten up by the second. Here comes Benjamin to tell me that he cannot make the shower cooler/warmer (it changes every shower-time). I am not going to lose it, I am going to tell him to do the same thing I tell him EACH and EVERY night... Did I mention that Ron is out at a Cub Scout admin. meeting? Now Elias is crying...
Today, I got up sore from the Sabino walk and headed out to yoga. We had a substitute teacher. Now, this can be ok and sometimes, it is great. But I really like the regular teacher. This chick was good, but she seemed to have an obsession with plank pose. For those of you who don't know, plank pose is basically the starting position for a military pushup. And then you just hang out there, unless you want to make it more intense. If you do want to make it more intense, you keep your elbows by your sides while you bend your arms (keeping your body in a straight line) and allow your body to sloooooooowwwwwwwly get lower until it is about 3 or 4 inches from the floor. Then you hang out there for awhile. Rather than doing downward dog pose in between each set of poses, we did plank pose. After 20 or 30 plank poses, I am about done. I don't want to do plank anymore. I hope this is building up the muscles I need to get out of the pool without the ladder!
After yoga, I did some weight lifting and went home. I was going to ride my bike to pick up Elias from school, but as I left the driveway, it started to rain. Stunning. It hasn't rained since September. It has become a strange thing to see clouds in the sky.
The boys and I went over to the local high school track and met up with my friend MaryBeth to run. She brought her two kids too, and I think all 6 kids had a good time. I did not. I hate running, as most of you know already. But I have committed to doing this triathlon, and I am going to give it my best shot. So, MB and I headed off around the track. It was a sad, sad sight. I was wiped off the map by a 10 year old and Andy. I can barely make it a quarter of the way around the track. I went around 10 times, walking and running. It sucked. I did race Benjamin in the final stretch -- he won. He did start about 20 feet ahead of me, but he still won. Sad. However, it did get my heart rate up to 200. My friends Joanne and MB tell me that I have to run through "the wall." Well, let me tell you, running through "the wall" is not easy. I will try to go back to the track tomorrow afternoon, after spinning and before swimming. (ha ha ha)
Thursday, February 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment