Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I walked up Sabino Canyon today. I switched shoes in an effort to not have painful feet at the end, but it didn't work. However, I did see a huge centipede when I had almost reached the top -- it was about 10 inches long and had bright orange legs. If I get a picture, I will post it here.

Elias has started in his new classroom. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but he has been disrupting his 3 year old classroom because of boredom. The teachers suggested that he get promoted to the 4 year old classroom in order to keep him challenged. Things are going very well -- his teacher is happy to have him and he seems to be much more interested in what is going on at school. He came home today with a giant toothbrush that he had written his name on -- this is the first time he has written his name on anything and included all the letters and they were all recognizable. It is funny, when I pick him up from school, all his classmates line the fence and yell "Bye, Elias" over and over. I guess he is a very popular guy. Ron insists that Elias is going to be the guy that all the girls go for -- always smiling, blond, fun to be around... Oh boy....

Tonight, while I am at swim practice, Ron will be taking the guys to the Pinewood Derby clinic. They are going to learn how to make the fastest Pinewood Derby car ever. I am so glad I don't have to go! Also, next week is the Blue and Gold Dinner. I am not going to that either!! Whooohooo! I still remember going to the Pack 33 Blue and Gold and I really don't think that I need to put in an appearance at this one. I told Ron that I would make whatever he wanted to bring to the dinner, but that I was going to stay home and read, all by myself. Maybe I will keep James home.... but maybe not!

I haven't been able to post any pictures lately because the cable that goes from my camera to the computer has somehow disappeared. I am going to buy another one soon (and you know the old one will show up within 24 hours), and then I will be able to illustrate the blog.

No comments: