Friday, January 06, 2006

Today has been good -- we managed to get out the door in time to catch the bus in spite of getting up late. Everyone had breakfast too! James is eating oatmeal for breakfast every day and gets very excited when I get out the envelope. After we got Andy and Benjamin off to school, I drove over to Elias' school and finished filling out a second set of paperwork since the school had lost his registration. Once I got that straightened out, James and I headed off to the gym.

James is a great favorite at the gym. He strides in the door like he owns the place had usually has a big smile. He says hello to everyone -- and every single employee says hello to him. Spin class was good, though I only burned 500 calories. Spencer did huge hills and lots of intervals -- sprint intervals. I have finally gotten used to doing sprints on a hill, but boy howdy, it is not a fun thing.

When we got home, there was a package waiting from Cousin Kate. My God the excitement!! Elias was thrilled -- and I know Andy and Benjamin will be too once they get home from school.

I have my third swim practice this evening -- I am getting used to the swimming and I am not as sore as I was on Monday. I had forgotten how much satisfaction I got out of swimming and how much I enjoy it. I am so glad I took the plunge and joined the team! I hope I gain enough speed to not embarrass myself in the triathlon.

No comments: