I went to the gym this morning and did my yoga class -- great as usual. Then I tried to psyche myself up for the treadmill. By the time I finally did get on, there was only 30 minutes of babysitting time left so I figured that I would do the 30 minutes and then maybe do another 15 minutes of running outside with the guys this afternoon.
Well, this grand plan crashed and burned after only 6 minutes. It hurts and I hate it and there was no one to talk to while I did it. My legs felt terrible and my wind was terrible and I gave up. I packed up my stuff, picked James up from babysitting, and headed home.
When I got home, I got a message on the machine from Elias' school telling me that he wasn't feeling so good today. I went and picked him up -- he seems fine now -- and we all had lunch. I guess crapping out on the treadmill had one good effect -- I was able to pick up Elias within 20 minutes of the teacher calling and if I had stayed on the treadmill, he would have had to wait another hour or so.
I know I am whining about the running and I know that if I keep going, eventually I will be able to turn off the brain while I am doing it and just keep going. However, I am having difficulty getting to that point. I just get frustrated with the whole thing. I think I am going to either have to get an MP3 player, or find someone who is willing to run with me, no matter how slowly.
Thursday, January 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Running takes time- keep at it- and also each time you run try and run through your exhaustion just a little bit more- each increment of improvement will add up.
Post a Comment