I have just gone off the deep end. I told my friend Joanne that I would do a triathlon with her on April 9. Now this is just crazy. So, for all of you in Maryland -- I will be arriving on April 7 and departing on April 10. I will be doing the Cure Autism triathlon in Bethesda. I do hope I can see some of you when I am there!
Today, Andy and Benjamin presented me with their report cards. The boys got all "S" and "S+" grades with Andy getting a "needs improvement" in handwriting. I must say that I am disappointed in their grades. After all, they are without a doubt the most intelligent guys in their respective classes and I thought they would do better than "satisfactory." (I may be a little biased on this subject.) Also, Andy's handwriting has improved about 1000% since the beginning of the school year and it surprised me that his teacher still felt that it needed such huge improvement that she put it on the report card. I was surprised that Andy only got an "S" in math too. He finishes his daily math homework in what seems like seconds and it is rare that he gets any of the problems wrong. Ah well. We will see how the rest of the year goes.
All of the guys have decided to celebrate the weekend by not going to sleep. I can hear all of them rustling around in their bedrooms. Maybe this means that they (especially James) will sleep past sunrise?
Friday, January 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You've been quite the influence on this crazy friend of yours. We will fly through that Tri in April-u especially, after having already doing one.I'm completely into this-- the bike mechanic and city bikes is going to put some special thinner tires on my bike to help my time.-- it's nice that people are actually supportive of this whole thing. things are good-- keep going- pls don't talk me into doing a marathon- i've heard too many horror stories. ha.
Post a Comment