It has been a long time since I posted a new message! I hadn't realized just how long until I logged in this morning. Brigid came for her visit and is considering moving here. Andy turned 7 last Friday and his birthday dinner went well. My training is progressing, but slowly. I look forward to going to the pool every M, W, and F, but still don't look forward to walking/running.
Brigid arrived on Friday morning around 11am. Thankfully, Ron was off from work that day and so I could go pick her up at the airport without worrying about the guys. We drove around some and visited the toy store since she wanted to pick something up for Andy's birthday that night. Brigid picked a DVD of the Lone Ranger -- a HUGE hit. The guys love the Lone Ranger in any form; we listen to the old radio broadcasts on XM radio too. Andy decorated his own cake this year. Everything went well -- we had pizza and cake and ice cream, and then the guys watched the Lone Ranger -- all in all, an A+ night!
Before the birthday festivities, we all went on a hike up Sabino Canyon. We made it to the one mile marker and then headed back down. Andy is a trooper. Benjamin is not very into hiking. He also wouldn't allow Brigid to take any pictures of him at all -- he ran, bobbed and weaved and Brigid didn't get one single picture of him.
Saturday, I took Brigid to yoga and then we went down to the University, had lunch, and did some walking around. I have been wanting to check out 4th avenue -- the place to see and be seen according to alums of the U. of A. Brigid wasn't impressed. Sunday, we looked at a couple of apartments for Brigid. Then we visited a couple of antique stores and went out to dinner with Ron -- we got a babysitter for the guys. Monday, we looked at more apartments and then Brigid came along while I went to swim practice (she watched her PSP in the car) and then we went to dinner at a local asian place. This was exciting because the food was actually good! I have found that ethnic food of any kind, with the exception of mexican, is in pretty sad shape here in Tucson. It was nice to find someplace that I would visit again.
Tuesday night, Brigid and I went to the local drive-in theatre and saw Chronicles of Narnia and Walk the Line. Both were terrific movies. We got home around 12:30am and I crashed. Brigid headed out to the airport early Wednesday morning with Ron and made her flight, in spite of being stuck in traffic on the way there.
It was great having Brigid here and it would be terrific if she moved here permanently. I would be happy with that and the guys would be THRILLED. James especially developed a crush on Auntie Brigid and spent lots of time attached to her leg. I think moving here would give Brigid a new start and allow her to try new stuff and do new things with no baggage --- very freeing! And, if things don't go so well, I am here to help if she needs it. I hope she takes the plunge!
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment