Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Today has been a busy day. Originally, I had planned to go biking with a couple of women from my gym but they felt it was too cold to bike. So, off we went to Sabino Canyon for a run. I ran very little. I walked briskly though! I ran into a friend of mine who was doing the same route and we talked the whole time -- that makes things go much faster. I am beginning to think that my body just isn't meant to run. However, the scenery was gorgeous. Sabino Canyon is beautiful and anyone who visits will get a trip there. There are sheer cliffs and saguaros everywhere and there are 9 bridges on the main trail to the top. This past August, several of the bridges were under water when the washes flooded.

Andy is gearing up for his birthday. He is very excited and hasn't yet been able to choose what kind of cake he wants to have. He has picked taco pizza for dinner, but it is going to be a boring cake if he doesn't pick something soon! I have bought him a book -- The Dictionary of Gross Things that has entries on burping, farting, pooping, and all the other stuff a 7 year old needs to know. It does have a tremendous amount of information in it (including diagrams, where applicable) -- the Discovery Channel publishes it. I hope he likes it!

No comments: