Well, it seems that my sister Brigid is going to move out to Tucson. She is going to call the apartment place that we visited and see about a 3 month lease. I am very glad she has decided to do this -- I think it will be good for her. And, it will be fantastic to have a family member closer than 3000 miles.
Not much else is going on these days. I am still training, though I feel as if I am losing a little bit of steam -- so much activity and I just don't see any results yet -- or at least a result I am happy with. I need to relax about these things. Last week I walked up the Sabino Canyon path and made it to the 3 mile mark. This round trip (of 6 miles) burned 861 calories and took me one hour, 52 mins. to complete. By the end, James was really ready to get out of his stroller. I was feeling pretty good since I wasn't in pain, but it came back to haunt me two days later. I could sure tell that I had done that walk when I was in spin class! Tomorrow, the grind starts all over again -- spin, walk/run, yoga, and swim. I hope I am ready for the triathlon...
It was nice to blow off the Saturday workout this weekend and give myself two days off in a row. Instead of going to the gym yesterday, we all went to Phoenix to visit the only Ikea in Arizona. We also stopped at the outlet mall and I managed to find 7 pairs of shoes for the guys (each guy got a pair of sneakers and a pair of sandals, except James, who got one pair of sneakers) for only $100. I am pretty happy with that! As a bonus, we got home and Redford hadn't disgraced himself. He saved that for this morning while we were at church. But it was nice to get home yesterday to no poop anywhere.
I finally got around to buying a copy of American Splendor by Harvey Pekar. I have been wanting to read this book since the movie came out and so far, it is great. I may have to rent the movie again.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment