I finally got the results of my physical today. Everything is good -- cholesterol - 180, thyroid functions normal (kind of a bummer -- this means that I am not losing weight for some reason other than a dysfunctional thyroid), liver functions normal. My bone density scan was normal in the hip area, but there was some "mild osteopenia" in my lower spine. The doctor wants me to take 12oomgs. of calcium a day. I am guessing that this bone loss is either the result of the prednisone during my second transplant or incipient menopause. Menopause wouldn't be a totally bad thing...
The day did not start off very well. The MP3 player that Ron bought me will not play anything I downloaded from napster so Ron is looking to replace it or fix it somehow. He took Redford out for a walk this morning and then headed off for work. Once Ron had left, Redford decided that he wasn't done going to the bathroom and so he went off to Andy and Benjamin's room and pooped there -- while Elias watched. After I cleaned up the mess, I put Redford out on the lead and left for the morning. I was very ticked off. When I got home, I had to unwind the lead from the pillars of the porch and from Redford's leg. He was a very unhappy dog. He seems to have recovered, but I am going to confine him to the kitchen from now on when we leave. The problem is that it looks like I am going to have to confine him when we are here too. Or remember to keep all the bedroom doors shut.
Tonight, I am going to the Tucson TriGirls meeting to join the group. I am excited about this! It will be very interesting to meet a bunch of other women who are interested in doing some of the same things I am. Also, I want to get a cool t-shirt with the TriGirls logo on it. Here is the web address if you want to see the logo: http://www.tucsontrigirls.org/
Talk to you soon!
Monday, January 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment