Brigid got a job at the DMV in Maryland (no surprise there), and will be moving home on 16 May. Her new job starts on 3 June. I will be helping her drive home and we are planning to stop at the Unclaimed Baggage Store on the way. I think the Unclaimed Baggage store will be the highlight of the drive. The actual driving will take about 40 hours, give or take... We are planning to do a long day on the first day, then drive from wherever we are to the baggage store, and then it will be about 11 hours from there to home. I will fly home the next day, which happens to be the guys' last day of school for the year. Yes, they get out of school on 21 May. I cannot even think about that right now.
The guys are doing well and everyone has recovered from the nasty stomach virus that James brought home from school a couple of weeks ago. It is nice to have someone to blame for these things! James got sick a whole week before anyone else did, so he obviously was the plague carrier. I am grateful it has passed. The only person who did not get sick was Ron. The guys all got sick a day at a time. I got sick for 4 whole days. It wasn't fair at all, but if someone had to be sick for more than one day, I was a better option than any of the guys.
I am training hard for my big race on 30 May. I have changed from racking up major mileage on my bike to training fast. This means that I am doing lots of short, intense bike rides and swims. Once a week I am doing a brick workout, which means two of the three sports in a row, so for example, I do a 500 yard swim as fast as I can, run out of the pool, do a transition to the bike, and then do a 12.4 mile time trial on the bike. This is a very hard ride -- I push myself as hard as I can for those 12.4 miles and it is a very unpleasant thing. The results should be good though -- it should make it easier for my body to make it through the big race without breaking down. We can all hope...
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment