Spring came and went here in Tucson -- I think it lasted about one day. Yesterday, it was 96 degrees with a nice hot wind. This is not my preferred weather, and worse, it happened practically overnight. I didn't have any time at all to get used to it. When I rode my bike up Mt. Lemmon yesterday, I got kind of sick to my stomach and didn't end up going to the six mile marker as I had planned. I got to the three mile marker and then went home and sat in the dark with a large glass of cold water. It took about a half hour before I started feeling normal again. I have to start getting out earlier.
Swim team started two weeks ago and the guys are now used to going to swim practice every day. I am very happy with the new coaching staff and we are also going to a new pool. The location isn't fabulous, but the pool is great and there are nice bathrooms (this is important because the last pool had bathrooms that were vile). James seems to be getting the hang of swimming, but I am still planning on signing him up for lessons at the Y.
Benjamin is playing baseball this season as well. The other guys refused to sign up, which works out well for me since then I only have to keep track of one schedule of games. The bad part is that when there is an early game, I have to take everyone to swim practice, wait for James and Elias to finish, put them in the car and take Benjamin to the baseball field, and then return to the pool to get Andy. While I am dropping Benjamin off, Andy is having his practice time. This makes for a very busy hour or so.
Ron is doing a 70 mile ride this Sunday called the Tour of the Tucson Mountains. The ride doesn't go over the mountains, it goes around them, so he is hoping to finish on the fast side. I think he is looking forward to it. I will let you know how he does!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment