
Andy turns 10 years old today. I cannot believe it -- where has the time gone? It went by so fast! He has his physical tomorrow, but I don't have any worries about that. I am making green chile chicken tamales for dinner tonight. I guess Andy's palate is getting more sophisticated.
Yesterday, while on Facebook, I found my one friend, S., from elementary school. I instant messaged her, and we "chatted" for about a half an hour. I am a little freaked out by this, but glad. I haven't seen or spoken to her since the year after we moved from St. Louis to Virginia. She looks exactly the same -- it is creepy almost. She hasn't changed her hair or anything and has no wrinkles or grey hair. She looked exactly like she did when she was 12. I did steal the picture off of facebook and send it to my mother and she was shocked when she looked at it -- she said she knew exactly who it was immediately. It is strange to talk to S. after all these years. That was such a terrible time in my life, and S. was the only bright spot. It is very nice to talk to her, but at the same time, very strange, and it brings up all sorts of memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment