Thursday, January 15, 2009

Andy has continued to be upset about moving schools. Again, I could just wring that kid's neck that started Andy thinking that moving schools would be a bad thing. When I first started looking at the new school, they had a program where prospective students could come to the school for a day and shadow a current student. I think I am going to call them tomorrow and arrange that for Andy, so that he can see again what made him so excited about the school in the first place.

We got the latest report cards this week. Andy got straight As! He was so excited about this -- I think it bothered him not to get an A or a B in his spelling, but now that he is using that adjusted curriculum, he does very well.

Benjamin did not get all As -- Benjamin's grades in writing, spelling, and reading dropped from As to Cs. This is not good. I don't know what to say to him about this, but I did tell him that I was disappointed. I know he blew off the work because he was bored, and I explained to him that it didn't matter if he was bored -- he had to do the work anyway. I cannot be in the classroom with him, but I told his teacher that I would be more than happy to back her up 100% of the way in whatever she decided.

Elias is doing terrificly well in 1st grade. His teacher is happy with him and with his work. This is very nice.

No comments: