Thursday, November 27, 2008

Andy was accepted to his new school. The more I think about this school, the more excited I am about him going there. I think it will be a great experience for him.

I have survived Thanksgiving. It was great -- we had rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and a terrific smoked turkey that Ron did on the grill. It was very nice. Then we had chocolate mousse pie and pumpkin pie. I made the pumpkin pie from scratch, and I have to admit, it wasn't bad. I skipped the mousse pie in favor of the pumpkin and didn't regret it at all.

Brigid came over this morning and hung out with the guys so that Ron and I could go to a 90 minutes spin class. The teacher said that we were going to do three 30 minute sections and that the second section of the class, we would be "going into the pain cave." We certainly did do that. I thought I was going to vomit right there in the spin room, but managed not to. This was good because they recently gave us a new trashcan with a lid on it -- that would have slowed me down. All in all, it was a good class, but I was very happy when it was over. I could wring my t-shirt out because of the sweat and when the teacher stretched out his quads by pulling his foot up towards his rear end, there was a stream of sweat that ran out of his shoes -- a steady stream, not a few drops. We all laughed, and his wife said that we shouldn't laugh about that, that she has to take that home with her.

Brigid was here for most of the day, except for a couple of hours when she was trying to sell her couch. She is moving into a new apartment and the couch is too big for the living room, so on to Craigslist it went. Brigid made the chocolate mousse pie for dinner tonight and it was excellent. She is finally learning how to cook!

No comments: