Thursday, April 03, 2008

This is what happens when you swim for two hours in Tucson without putting on sunscreen. The stupidity level was high yesterday... I had originally been wearing a shirt to swim in, but took it off when it started rubbing all the skin off my neck. I am not a happy camper this morning.

I have started taking the guys out on their bikes lately. For the past two Sundays, I have headed out on the road with the three older guys and have started teaching them the rules of the road. It has been going well, but it is exhausting and nerve-wracking. The guys have told me that they want to ride their bikes to school. I don't know if that will happen any time soon, but at the very least, they have to know how to ride their bikes on the road. They have been having a great time while I spend a lot of time yelling "stay inside the white line" and "use your turn signal" and "STOP at every stop sign!" They have been really good about everything, but I want to take them out several more times before I even consider letting them ride to school. To be honest, I don't think that I will be letting them ride to school for awhile. There is just too much traffic on the road they have to ride on, and the bike lane is very small.
Tomorrow is James's fourth birthday. I am stunned. He has announced that he wants and orange dinosaur cake and meatballs for dinner. Obviously, I have a lot to do to get it together!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

oh, Leslie, *ouch*!!!!

Happy Day to James! (How did you end up with so many birthdays so close to each other?)

Joanne Morrison said...

Oh no! ouch that looks painful--