The official times for the Tucson Tri just came out! It was an 825 yard swim, a 12 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. The bike time includes both transitions.
Swim 17:22
Bike 45:29
Run 49:13
Total Time: 1:52:04
Now, last March I did this:
Swim 17:03
Bike 48:00
Run 46:01
Total Time 1:51:04
There isn't a huge amount of improvement here, but I am happy with my times simply because I haven't been training like I did last year. I am hoping that the October race will be faster though.
I just got back from taking the guys out to ride their bikes. I rode my hybrid and took them around the neighborhood and over to their school, riding on the road. The guys want to start riding their bikes to school. The purpose of today's ride was to see how good they are on their bikes, and to teach them how to ride on the road with the maximum amount of safety. We rode around for about 90 minutes, and I think it was more taxing to do this that it is for me to ride up Mt. Lemmon. I am totally exhuasted. I think it is the worrying about someone hitting them -- I don't worry about someone hitting me with their car, but all bets were off when the guys were out there on the road. I don't know that I will allow them to ride their bikes to school anytime soon.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment