Tuesday, January 22, 2008





We got back from Mexico yesterday -- a great trip overall! We left on Friday, after a superfast packing experience. I had to take James to the doctor Friday morning and so I was out and didn't get the packing done early, so when I got home, it was a free for all. There were clothes and bathing suits flying everywhere. We picked up the guys early from school and headed out! This time, there were no unexploded bombs on the roadway, and we made good time. When we crossed the border, we got flagged down by a guy with a map, and we stopped. It turns out he was a time share guy -- recruiting for a new resort down in Rocky Point (where we were going). We signed up for the presentation figuring that it would not only structure the morning, but breakfast for all of us was included (the guys need to eat!). We got to our rental place and settled in for the night. When we got up the next morning, it was cold -- about 50 degrees. I am so glad that we had signed up for that time share thing! This way, the guys would be busy until it was warmer and then they could go out and play on the beach.


We showed up and drove off to the resort. It was really nice -- gorgeous with a lot of building going on. We all had breakfast, from the resort buffet, and it was great. Then we had the presentation which, Thank God, we could listen to as we walked around the resort and saw the rooms. I have to say, we were very tempted by the whole thing. We were there for way longer than the 90 minutes they had promised, but their final offer almost tipped the balance. It was that we would pay $1500 right then, and for that we would have four years of two weeks a year at the resort for only $199 a week. We almost did it... but we didn't. However, for listening, we also got a voucher for dinner at a local restaurant, which we went to that night -- good food, not great, but free. Again, the guys have to eat!

Once we got back to the house, the guys played on the beach for the rest of the day. Sunday, they spent the day on the beach as well -- sandcastles, swimming, lots of playing -- they had a fantastic time.

Of course, Sunday was also Andy's birthday. I still cannot believe he is 9 years old. We had a little party that night -- hotdogs for dinner, and a little cake I had picked up and brought along. We gave Andy his present -- a microscope with a screen, and he also got a present from my parents -- Megatron, the transformer. I remember my brothers playing with that thing. He loves it and it was argued over all the way home from Mexico.

I was happy to come home Monday morning because when I woke up that morning, my right eye was swollen shut. By the time I got home, it was bright red with pinpoint hemorrhages. Totally gross, and a little on the painful side. I had called my doctor once we got over the border, and went in at 3:30pm. Dr. W. walked into the office, took one look at me and said that it was adenovirus and he had had it before himself. I have to go see an eye doctor this afternoon. I am not too happy about it, and I am hoping that it goes away quickly.

I think we will be doing Andy's birthday tomorrow night too -- this time with a real cake and Andy choosing what he wants to eat. It should be good!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Sounds like a great and awesome trip, Leslie! Rockin'! And Happy Birthday to Andy! (Two parties - he must really be liking that!)

Bummer about the eye infection, though - fingers crossed the eye doc can help you ASAP.

I'm jealous of the beach time!