Ron is away this week in Colorado Springs and what happens? Benjamin brings home TWO craft projects. The first one is a quilt square that he had to decorate in an autumn theme. The second project was to disguise a turkey so that he would make it through the holiday season. So while the guys were at CCD, I went to the dreaded Michael's to pick up supplies. The quilt square turned out great -- Benjamin used some silk leaves and feathers in fall colors, and put big silver swirly buttons on the corners.
The turkey, however, was much more work... and this is where Brigid comes in! It turned out that Benjamin wanted his turkey to be a Washington Redskin. I called Brigid. She came over and brought one of her Redskins jerseys and then she worked for almost two hours putting together a Redskins uniform for the turkey (front and back). Benjamin did some gluing, but wasn't allowed to use the exacto knife to cut things out, so Brigid did that part. It turned out great! Benjamin was thrilled to bits, Brigid was exhausted!
I thought I was out of the woods, but then Andy tells me that he has to bring in a recipe for something today. Of course, he didn't tell me when he was given the assignment, and by the time he DID tell me, he was only allowed to choose a main dish. Damn it. He picked the Anderson family favorite of Chicken and Cheese, and I wrote it up this morning. It turns out that on 19 November, I have to make enough for 8 people, cook it, and bring it in for the family lunch. Andy specifically invited Brigid because it is on Monday and she is off that day. I hope she goes, since I sure don't want to go by myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment