Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I have arrived home from my trip and man is coming back to reality hard. I had a pretty good time at the beach, even though it was cloudy and then raining a good portion of the time. The company I had makes all the difference in the world! The strangest thing happened on the flight from Tucson to Newark: I was in a full flight, but somehow, I was the only person in my row. It was a miracle. Then on the flight from Newark to DC, there was no one in the middle seat, so we didn't have to worry about invading each other's space. They were terrific flights.


So I got in on Tuesday morning and went from National Airport to a friend's work. We went to breakfast and had a great time. The big flaw is that then I realize just how much I miss her when I am not around. Tuesday afternoon I spent at my parents' house, hanging out with Ian and then my other brothers showed up after work. We had dinner, but I didn't since I was going out with my mother's group. We went to a really nice place that had good food, and REALLY Stupendous desserts! This is a great thing. I had the Kit Kat Bar for dessert. It was layers of feulletine and dark chocolate ganache (many, many layers that came out to be about 1/4 inch thick) with a half inch layer of chocolate mousse, then topped with cocoa powder. This lovely thing was plated on a hazelnut creme anglaise and there was a ramekin of the best vanilla ice cream I have ever had, topped with crumbled feulletine on the top. It was so good that I bought another one to go and brought it home to my parents. It was totally amazing.


Wednesday morning I left for the beach. We spent the afternoon in the sun and swimming and then went out to dinner. It was a very relaxed couple of days. If we didn't feel like doing something, we didn't do it. Thursday I spent most of the day on the beach either reading or swimming (excellent waves). Friday, it was cloudy, and then eventually started to rain some. What a total bummer. In the afternoon we went shopping at the outlets, which was good, but not the beach! We drove home on Saturday. I dropped by a couple of friends places to say hello and had a great time.


The rest of the time I was in Maryland, I just hung out with my parents and tried to relax and not think about going back. The flights home were good, and on my second flight, Brigid and I were next to each other. This was great since then we could break out the portable DVD and watch a movie together. This was good since we were both a little travel punchy by then and kept breaking out into laughing at the stupidest things.

No comments: