Saturday, May 12, 2007

Today has been a very hot day -- the thermometer is showing 108 in the sun. The actual temperature is about 100 degrees. Because of the expected high temperatures, I decided to do my ride very early. I left the house around 4:45am, and parked the car and headed out. I didn't have anyone to ride with me, so I didn't have to wait for anyone else to show up. I left the parking lot at 5:08am, and returned to that parking lot at 11:20am -- 70 miles later. I had really wanted to be back to the car around 10am, but things just didn't work out that way. I was ok for about 2/3rds of the ride, but then my lower back started locking up. The PAIN! I had to get off my bike and stretch several times so that I could make it home. I even gave in and called Ron when I was on the way home and asked him to come get me because I didn't think that I could make it back. By the time I called him, I had run out of food and water -- it was getting ugly! However, it took Ron so long to get to me, and I had kept riding after I called him, that I was only half a mile from the car when he pulled over in front of me. I couldn't weenie out of the rest of the ride! Especially when there was only a half a mile left. So I kept on going. It was a tough ride for the final hour, but the first five were pretty ok. I know, you have difficulty believing that.

I am at home right now, recovering. All of the guys are at their FINAL baseball game -- I think Ron took them because he is going out on a ride tomorrow morning (on Mother's Day) rather than staying home and freeing up my day! I don't mind though -- I really don't want to go to the baseball game, and tomorrow morning, while Ron is out riding, I will get the laundry done and get ready for the week.

Next week, we have Elias' graduation from preschool. Last year, after attending this production, I offered the Director twice the tuition if she never did this again. She didn't find this amusing. I was serious, and I am now dreading this year's production. Last year, she asked each and every kid what they wanted to be when they grew up. Just kill me now -- or give me drugs, anything so that I don't have to suffer through this. I know, I am a turkey. Oh well! That is me!

Swimming is going well for the guys, I think. They are getting all the rust off of their freestyle and are finally beginning to look like they did at the end of last season. The first swim meet is on 5 June -- the day after the guys' first swimming lesson with Coach Geoff (who is also my swim teacher). I hope the lessons go well -- Goeff is a great teacher and I am hoping that the guys will be great learners.

No comments: