Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I was supposed to go out on the road this morning and bike for a couple of hours. However, my motivation is way down. I just don't feel like it today. This is not a good thing because I do have my big race in 3 weeks and I don't want to embarrass myself. I may be a little burned out on exercising by myself -- it just isn't as much fun to ride my bike alone. Maybe I will feel better tomorrow and be ready to go out on the road.

I feel like time is just galloping by and I am barely able to do all the stuff I need to do and suddenly the time has passed. We are winding up the school year and baseball ends this week, but swim team is kicking into high gear and the first swim meet (a scrimmage) is on 31 May. School ends on 24 May. Then I have my big race the next weekend, and then 3 weeks later, I fly to Maryland for my beach week.

I thought that James was going to be potty trained this week, but he has decided against it. Yesterday, we went to an Indian place for lunch and he did great -- we even stopped at the potty before we left and he used it. Then he wet his pants on the way home. I just don't get it, and I have been so destroyed by the last three potty trainings that I can't even think about it. I guess I am burned out on that too! I am so over diapers.

I read a book this week called The Power of One, by Bryce Courtenay. I only know one person who has read it, and I haven't seen her since I finished the book, so I haven't been able to talk about it with anyone. At times, the book is extremely funny, but it is also very sad. It is set in the 1940s and '50s in South Africa, and is the story of an English boy who is sent to boarding school for a year and the effects this experience has on his life. It was very interesting -- a good book. Please someone read it so I can talk about it with you!!

No comments: