

This week has been so busy and so much has happened since Wednesday --- We had Benjamin's birthday, which was a rousing success. Benjamin was so thrilled with his presents and is dying to play with all of them. Unfortunately, he isn't allowed to play with them until he finishes his rattlesnake report. I really hope that he finishes it this afternoon. Friday night, we had Andy and Benjamin's game. I don't know if I told you, but on Wednesday, Andy broke his glasses, and Benjamin lost his at the ball park. I was a little upset about this. A miracle occurred on Friday night. Andy found Benjamin's glasses in the equipment bag inside a batting helmet. They weren't broken either. Isn't that the greatest?? We are going to get Andy's replacement glasses on Monday morning and since it has only been FIVE WEEKS since we bought them, the manager at Lenscrafters (that sainted woman) is going to replace them for free.
Now, something strange is going on at the baseball field. Every time Andy gets up to bat, he gets a hit. It must be a recessive gene rising out of the murk since the ability to hit a ball regularly isn't something seen in my family. Andy even got a hit when the pressure was on: the bases were loaded and he got up and whacked that ball all the way to the outfield, got 3 RBIs and made it to 3rd base too! This was amazing.
Today, I went for a ride with one of the TriGirls, starting from her house. We were riding for about 50 miles, but about half way through, while we were heading up a couple of hills toward Saguaro Park. Suddenly, I was passed by a guy in Daisy Dukes shorts and rubber flip flops. He was really, really hairy. It was quite a sight to see, especially from behind as he passed me like I was standing still. He wasn't wearing anything else -- just the cutoffs and the flip flops. Once I stopped laughing, we continued on until we finally got back to my partner's house and had logged in 48 miles. I was telling Ron about the guy who passed me wearing nothing but cut off jeans and he told me that the DooDahs called that guy "The Beast" because of the volume of body hair he displays, but they all agreed that he was not someone to get in the way of -- he is really fast. It was a great moment during today's ride to see this guy -- I remember now that Ron had told me about him several times. The Beast is an avid rider and is out on the road all the time.
Next week is spring break. I am battening down the mental hatches and making plans for keeping the guys busy. There are only two games next week, and they are on Monday and Tuesday, so that is good. That means that I can go to swim practice three nights this week! I am going to need it with the guys home all week long.

No comments:
Post a Comment