Monday, March 19, 2007

It is 2:55am. I cannot sleep and I don't know why. I was so tired when I went to bed this evening that I could hardly wait to get the covers up. As soon as I did, however, my eyes popped open and I couldn't get comfortable. So I tossed and turned and tried to sleep, and I know that eventually I did fall asleep since I had the weirdest dreams I have had in awhile. I also kept waking up every so often. I woke up again around 2:15am and I haven't been able to go back to sleep so I figured that since I was hungry, I would get up, eat something and see how things went. Because I don't want to eat anything bad for me at this time of the night, I am sitting here blogging and eating some of the cauliflower I pickled last week. A vinegar bath can make even cauliflower edible.

I am dreading the next few weeks. I don't know how I am going to survive baseball practice with two separate teams. And, of course, Benjamin is now telling me (before he has gone to a single practice) that he doesn't want to play baseball, in spite of telling me a million times that he wanted to play. Elias was very anxious about playing -- I couldn't get him signed up fast enough! But now that he has gone to a practice, he is a little less enthusiastic about the whole thing. I hope this changes.

I have gotten the dates for my annual beach trip with the girls! It is going to be the last week of June. So, in anticipation of that, I have registered for my first olympic distance triathlon on June 2. This way, I won't be in a heavy training mode while at the beach and I can do absolutely NOTHING for that section of time. I am really, really looking forward to my only exercise being walking on to the beach, calling the umbrella guy, and plopping down in my beach chair, in between bobbing around in the ocean.

The ride on Saturday has resulted in a big time tan for me. I don't try to get tan, so it is really strange to see -- I am disappointed in myself; obviously, I should have put sunscreen on several times and not just twice. My arms are really tan (for me) and there are also distinct lines on my legs where my shorts ended and where my socks ended. This means that when I wear sandals, there is a darker section of ankle starting above my foot -- it looks like a line of dirt. Not a good look.

It is now 3:15am, and I am going to try to go back to bed. I have eaten all the pickled cauliflower I got out, and I don't have anything else left to say. I hope I can get back to sleep since the alarm will be going off in a hour and a half so that I can go to spin class.

No comments: