Elias finally went back to school today. I was so grateful. However, that was tempered by the fact that it was Wednesday and all the guys got out of school at 1:30pm (this is every Wednesday). I really hate that. I thought I would get used to it but every Wednesday, I settle down to lunch and then remember that they will be home in a half hour. It totally ruins naptime. Tomorrow, all four of the guys will be at school.
I have been looking at my race options for this coming year, and my friend Joanne suggested that we do a race called Liberty to Liberty. I went to the website and checked it out and I am considering it. It sounds interesting. The race is a one mile swim in the Hudson River (from the Statue of Liberty), then a high speed ferry to the NJ shore and a bike ride from there to Philadelphia (to the Liberty Bell), and then a 10K run up the Schuylkill River and back with the finish line being at the top of the steps for the Philadelphia Art Museum, just as Rocky Balboa did many years ago. I know many of you are reading this and thinking, she is a nutcase. Well, I am, but it does sound fun... except for the run. If I do it, and it is a big "if" since the race fee is $300, I will be getting a wetsuit to wear in the Hudson River. I am just not going to swim in there without something covering my whole body. The race is Memorial Day weekend.
I don't have any other races on the docket yet, but I am planning on trying Fountain to Mountain again and El Tour de Tucson. I don't know what other triathlons I will register for, but I will probably do the Tucson triathlon series just like I did last year. The first one is on March 11. My friend Joanne is flying out to Tucson to do this one with me. It should be a great time! Maybe I could even go faster than I did last year.
I was also considering doing the Harpoon Beer Brewery to Brewery bike race (and depend on my Cousin Nick to get me in since it is already full). However, when I read the website, it did seem like they were very serious about time in this race and they wanted everyone to finish in 8 and a half hours (that is 16mph, with no stops), or faster. This seems a little out of my league, and it would be very stressful, so I decided to wait on that one for a year or two.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment