Friday, December 29, 2006

Well, here we are at the end of the first week of Christmas vacation. I have survived. However, I don't know how things are going to go next week. Ron is not feeling good today. I think he caught whatever Brigid got sick with on Christmas day (and she is still not feeling normal yet). I really, really, don't want to get that virus. Ron was supposed to go on a bike ride this morning, but has bagged it. He will be going back to work on 2 January, then leaving for Maryland on 5 January (returning around midnight on Monday). This means that not only do I have the guys to myself all this coming week, but also over the weekend. I am going to have to line up a babysitter or two...

The guys are very busy these days playing with the new toys they got for Christmas. They are really into games (this is definitely from the other side of the family). I am so grateful that they play together without major upset -- how lucky am I that they get along! They have been riding their bikes too, but yesterday it poured all day long. There is also a ton of snow up on the mountains. It actually SNOWED here in our yard yesterday for five whole minutes. It was very exciting -- the flakes were huge and fluffy -- the size of ping pong balls. They melted as soon as they touched the ground though. I went to Trader Joe's yesterday afternoon and the Tucsonans that were there had scarves and heavy boots and coats on -- I didn't laugh and point at them -- they only get to use those things every couple of years! It is supposed to continue raining today. I had been planning on going to the two hour swim practice this afternoon, but I don't know if I am hard-core enough to swim in the rain when it is only 39 degrees too. I don't care if it IS a heated pool -- that is cold.

No comments: