Today, in preparation for the El Tour, I attended a bike handling clinic given by the TriGirls. It was terrific -- we got to practice how to grab things off the ground while still moving, and how to bunny hop over obstacles in the road. More importantly, we got to practice how to fall and how to recover from someone bumping into you on the bike. Since there are thousands of people in this race, I was very nervous about riding; I think you are very close to everyone else all the time and I am just waiting to bump into someone and cause an accident. I do feel better than I did about my ability to recover from being bumped and staying upright, even when surrounded, so I am glad I did the clinic.
James decided to pee in the toilet today at preschool. I sure hope that he starts to do this often, but I am not holding my breath. James just loves going to school -- he runs in every day and is very disappointed when it is not his day to go to Ms. Meagan's classroom. I think I am going to have his speech assessed when they do the next preschool screening; I don't think his talking is quite up to speed.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment