I made it through my second day of running. I really didn't want to go today since Tucson is having a cold snap. This means that when I left the house at 4:55am, it was 32 degrees. When I got home at 6:45am, it was 27 degrees. I am just not used to this anymore -- I have turned into a complete weather wimp. I am so grateful that Ron dug out one of his skiing hats for me to use. I wouldn't have made it otherwise.
So, I showed up today and there were only 3 other guys there (and Sparky, the president of the club and a black labrador). One was going out on the road, but two were going to do sprints on the track, so I decided to stay on the track even though I had bought a light yesterday. The light was still very useful on the track -- I could see Sparky coming at me, rather than getting very surprised when he passed me. Sparky brought a friend along today and they trotted along behind their human for the entire running time. We went for a solid hour. I kind of got into the zone today and just kept going the whole time. I did manage to time myself for a mile, and it is the (really sad) 18 minute mile. Wow. I am really burning up the track there! In the past, I have gotten down to 12.5 minute miles, so I know I can do better, it is just a question of time.
I think I mentioned that Benjamin had failed his vision test at school. We have an appointment with the optometrist tomorrow afternoon. The only appointment I could get was at 2pm, so I am going to miss naptime and I have to take the guys out of school. It is going to be a tough afternoon.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment