Well, it has been a very busy week so far. I have been continuing with my bike training and cycling almost every day. Sunday, I decided to meet up with a group to ride up our local mountain, Mt. Lemmon. I made it 6.5 miles up the mountain, but that isn't the best part of the story. I was riding up the mountain with a guy named Mike that I had just met that morning. I kept suggesting that he go on, but he insisted that he was just fine riding with me (even though it was at a snail's pace of 6mph). We arrived at the pay-to-park shack (about 5 miles) and took a short break. When we got going again, a minivan came so close to me that I am surprised that they didn’t lose their passenger side rear view mirror. They really had to make an effort to get that close because there was a whole other lane they could have been in, but they made the decision to get in my lane. Well, Mike gets out of the saddle and sprints after them yelling "what is your problem?!" and stuff like that. He was amazing -- he caught up to the minivan and made sure they knew his opinion. I was so surprised by the minivan and then watching what Mike did, I didn't do anything. I bet they think again before pulling a move like that! I made it back down the mountain without wiping out and headed straight for the gym to soak my legs in the whirlpool.
On Tuesday, Ron rode his bike to work for the first time. He is planning on doing this every week. It was about 55 miles round trip (yes, he is nuts). He did get a little lost on the first ride out, but managed to find work and get home safely. I think he is enjoying the biking and has lost 15 pounds. He looks great!
The guys are doing great things in football. Andy is still doing the center duties, and Benjamin took a turn at quarterback last night at practice. After practice, the guys headed over to Benjamin's Tiger cub scout meeting. Benjamin is TOTALLY into the boy scouts and has been talking about wearing his boy scout shirt for weeks. I will take some pictures once he has his official neck cloth.
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment