
I have finally gone to the boys' football game. What an experience! We played the Rams today and they fully deserve their reputation as being rabid about football, even at the flag level. I have never seen such intensity -- and I am so glad that our team and parents don't feel quite that strongly. I think they played well. Ron did say in his end of game peptalk that the team had done well and that they got fewer penalties than last week (and that was a good thing, he explained). I got to meet Ron's Assistant Coach, Coach Jack. He was very nice and in spite of some of the performances of his team, he was unfailingly positive.
We even had our own cheerleaders! Apparently, for each level of football team, there is a corresponding cheerleading squad. This means that for the flag teams, there is a squad of a dozen 5-7 year old girls cheering away and waving their pompons. I restrained myself and didn't ask them why they didn't play football instead of cheering..

Here is a picture of Head Coach Ron on the field at the beginning of the second half. A coach is allowed on the field at all times and makes sure that all the players are in the right spot before the ball is snapped.
Here is a picture of Andy running at the beginning of the play.

Here is a picture of Andy and Benjamin waiting for the play to commence. Andy is the center and is responsible for snapping the ball.

I took this picture just to show the range of sizes on our team. That is Andy in the middle -- and the tallest.

No comments:
Post a Comment