Tuesday, September 26, 2006

This is my week of tapering for my big race on Sunday, so I am not out on the bike much. It is nice to have a bit of a rest, but it is giving me a lot of time to brood over the race and get tense.

I am getting all kinds of things done, like making an appointment to get the dog groomed so that he looks his best when my in-laws come, and taking James into the pediatrician for his cough. He got sick last week and had a fever for 2 days and I just let it go since he seemed to pull himself together. He has been wheezing, but not a huge amount and I was hoping that it would go away. It hasn't gone away and I took him in to the the pediatrician today. Well, he had to have a breathing treatment and we now have a prescription for albuterol for James. He is going to use it three times a day for the next week and then we are going back to the pediatrician for a check up. I am bummed about this, but hope it will pass quickly. I had to get him a spacer so that he could use the inhaler and it came with a face mask. I have never seen that, but it sure will make things easier for James!

In other news, the school measured Andy the other day and according to their measurements, he is 55 inches tall. Isn't that a stunner? He weighs in at 80 pounds. Benjamin is 51 inches tall and 76 pounds. As you can see from the pictures of the guys in their boy scout uniforms, they are getting to be really tall -- soon, they will be as tall as I am! How amazing.

No comments: