The guys didn't win their game this weekend and, in addition to not winning, Andy was thrown out of the game with three (!) personal fouls. I know, I was stunned too. The first one was attitude; Ron informs me that the next two were mistakes. I had some serious words with Andy about this -- personal fouls are not acceptable. Benjamin too had a tough game. He was behaving badly and disrespectful to the other coach. What a day. So, because of these things, the guys had to help Ron take out the carpet in the family room, and then clean up their room and the toy room, rather than watching TV on Saturday night. They weren't happy with this, but tough nuts.
Ron went for a long ride today and one of the guys on his ride had a big accident. He was out of the saddle and sprinting when, all of a sudden, his rear wheel came off. Ron said that the crash was quite spectacular and there was a lot of road rash and blood. I am glad the guy was basically ok -- didn't run into a car, no broken bones, could walk under his own power. Ron's ride was uneventful after that guy crashed. He rode about 56 miles today.
I had a fantastic ride on Saturday!! I headed out from my house and went right up Mt. Lemmon, since I had arranged to meet several other TriGirls and they are much stronger cyclists, since I thought they would catch up with me before I got too far. At mile 4, I turned around wondering if I had missed them. I started down the mountain and got to Babad Doag (at 2.5 miles from the bottom and the first scenic overlook) and there were the TriGirls. Because I am susceptible to peer pressure, I went back up to the 5 mile mark with the group, then back down. Now, you have to understand that Mt. Lemmon is a mountain -- the road up is steep and is all switchbacks. I have a difficult time driving it because I get totally motion-sick. However, on Saturday the strangest thing happened was: all of a sudden, on my first trip up the mountain, my legs kind of kicked in! Suddenly, the pedaling got much easier and this kept happening for the rest of the ride. It was the weirdest thing (not that I minded at all). I had a great time and I recovered my confidence in my hill climbing just a little. I hope it stays through the race next week!
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment