Wednesday, August 09, 2006

We went to school this morning to meet Andy and Benjamin's new teachers. I think it is going to be a good year! Benjamin has a veteran teacher who has a fantastic reputation for dealing with kids in a non-confrontational manner and who reminds me of a marshmallow. I don't mean that she is not a strong person, but as I was talking with her, I just got the impression of a soft, pillowy kind of person and her reputation confirms this. Andy's new teacher has only been teaching for 4 years, I think, and is very easy to deal with so far. She does have a disciplinary system in place and it is one of the first things she told me about... but I won't hold it against her. She did seem nice and she talked with Andy a bit about last year. Andy also got a homework assignment. He has to bring in 5 things that tell something about him to share with the class.

I will, of course be blogging tomorrow and I am sure that there will be pictures of the first day of school. We tried on all the new shoes this morning and they all fit. I took a chance by buying the new shoes two months ago because I could get such a bargain and since then I have been sweating it out wondering if they were going to outgrow the shoes before school began. By the way, Andy got a 6.5 mens size sneaker; Benjamin got a 4; and Elias got a size 2.

No comments: