I think we are slowly recovering from the swim season. Everyone is enjoying not hustling out the door at 7:15am every morning -- especially me. This week, I had dental appointments for all of the guys. The dentist painted their teeth with the pink stuff that used to be in tablet form. You remember that stuff, right? You would chew up the tablet and everywhere that you didn't brush very well would turn violent pink? Well, the guys totally disgraced themselves on the tooth-brushing front. I was so embarrassed. Andy had one light pink front tooth and one HOT PINK front tooth -- I couldn't believe he missed one WHOLE side of his mouth. Everyone did very well, except James. He wasn't too keen on opening his mouth for the dentist.
We have to return to the dentist tomorrow for Benjamin and Friday for Andy. It turns out that Benjamin has chipped one of his molars -- took one of the bumps right off somehow. The dentist is going to fix it and fill it so that he doesn't get any cavities there. She is also going to seal his one permanent molar. Andy gets to go back and get his four molars sealed so that nothing bad happens. I also learned that Benjamin has a defect in his enamel in his front bottom tooth. In strong light, it looks like a yellow spot about a eighth of an inch wide. The dentist said that it was alright now, but depending on how things went, he might have to have some work done on it. If he has more of those spots in his back teeth (we will find out once they grow in) he may have to have them crowned, depending on how bad the spot is. I hope they are minor.
Once we left the dentist, we headed straight for the pediatrician's office where Andy and Elias got updated on their vaccines. The nurses did a terrific job. We got Andy done so fast, he almost didn't have time to get upset. Elias is generally stoic about these things, but the nurses weren't taking any chances so each one took an arm and he was done in seconds. Elias had to get 3 shots. He did cry, but only for a couple of minutes. I am so glad that is over!
In other news, my gym has canceled all of my favorite classes. I am very annoyed about this, and so I am looking into another gym. I need to have my spin classes! There is a gym closer to the house that could work out and, as a bonus, it has an indoor 25 yard pool. The babysitting isn't as good as Gold's, but it may be a better choice.
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment