I cannot believe a week has gone by since I blogged! Swim team is over and we are still busy. At the end of last week, I took Benjamin and Andy back to the dentist for some work. Both guys did tremendously well -- the dentist said that they held totally still and did a great job. Benjamin's work took about 40 minutes, and he was great. He even had to have some drilling done and he never moved a muscle -- or had any numbing. Benjamin just amazes me at times.
I am trying out a new gym this week. Today, I headed out the door at 5am to make the 5:30am spin class. It was a good class. I got home at 6:45am, just in time for Ron to head off to work. Then I was virtuous and cleaned out the refrigerator -- a horrendous job, but it has to be done. How gross. I discovered that my refrigerator has a space at the back that things can fall into. And these things that have taken evasive action cannot be seen by anyone when they are getting stuff out. I found a particularly venerable bag of baby carrots that had wizened into curly, wrinkled carrots behind the crisper drawer. At least they weren't fuzzy. Once that was done, I headed back to the gym with all the guys to do my lap swimming.
Now, the gym people insist that the pool is 25 yards. There is no way that pool is 25 yards, unless a miracle has happened and I have taken about 25 seconds off my time for a 50 yard freestyle. Since I don't think that I have improved my swimming THAT much, the pool must be shorter than 25 yards. I am going to ask them about it tomorrow.
The guys have decided to join the local football team. I was skeptical about this, but I felt better when I found out that they are too young for tackle football. Andy and Benjamin will be playing flag football. Once Andy is 8, he will be assigned to a team based on his weight. Ron had ambiguous feelings about this whole football team thing, so I sent him down to the sign up to ask all the questions he had. When he came home, he announced that he would be coaching. Yup. Ron is going to coach a team. Not assistant coach, Head Coach. Joe Gibbs watch out. Can you believe it? Ron is going to have a terrifically busy fall. Not only is he getting ready to do the El Tour de Tucson (if you remember, a 109 mile bike race), but he is running a Tiger cub Boy Scout den, and now he is coaching peewee football. Practice starts during the second week of school (August 12 or so). It is every day, until September, when it drops to 3 times a week. Games are on Saturday mornings. I will, of course, take lots of pictures!
This past weekend, we actually got the babysitter to come over on Sunday morning at 5am so that Ron and I could go on a bike ride together. It was good -- we went 40 miles. There were a lot of hills and things went well. Ron did say that his legs were hurting after the hills. I cannot seem to get past the 40 mile mark. I keep trying to get up to 50 miles, but it just doesn't happen. At least this ride I didn't get any flat tires. It was strange to actually go for a ride with Ron; we have never done that before because of the babysitter issue. I don't want to ask her too often to come at that time of the morning -- don't want to use up all of her goodwill towards us in one go, right? I had a good time though. I think Ron did too.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment